Sunday, July 30, 2017

Grass has been cut.....

Grass has been cut - somewhat. But it feels better and I am planning on going back next Tuesday to finish the job I started out in the country. The weather is predicted to be a little cooler and things might be a bit better.

I did get the front of the old house cut, got every thing "Round-up"ed, trees trimmed, and I hope that will make my job much easier on Tuesday. My wife will be busy at her 'job' working for our son and I will be out doing what I love doing - just cutting grass, enjoying the breeze, watching the birds, and just 'thinking' to myself.

Life does not get any better than that. I have several small trees to cut down, bushes to trim, grapes to check on, Satsuma's to check on, pears and figs to check on and stick/limbs to cut up but it's all in a day's work out there.

But I LIKE going out there even IF it does cost me money. It gives me something to do and gets me out of my chair at home. Then when I get back I can cut my city yard again if I feel like it or wait another day to do it.

I will try to get ahold of the administrator of the Simon Youth Academy  about the job that is being offered me for this fall. I am LOOKING forward to getting back to "teaching" and I know it is what God has in store for me to just bring me out of my 'funk'. It is just mentoring high school youth but it is the part of me that hated leaving teaching in the first place. And I can make a few bucks in the meantime.

Life is good - I hope - for the best.

My numbers continue to look really great. My BP numbers are good, my BS numbers are really strong and my weight is continuing to fall. Six months ago I was at 242ish and that was down from 440 when I had surgery six years ago but now it has fallen to 207 and it keeps falling. Slowly but surely. It tends to scare me just a bit but I'm okay as it falls slowly. Should make my doctor happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...