Monday, November 26, 2012

What? No Comments?


A year and a half and almost no one comments on my blog. Only, I know that I am a middle school history teacher from a little known state that doesn’t match anyone from our parishes (counties) to our food to our language, to our voting preferences. But heck, I am a teacher and I do have a little bit of good stuff. I am getting some sells – not nearly as much as Mrs. Jump - but it is some. I have a lot of other great ideas but I want to know that I am making a difference before I just jump in to upload a bunch of new stuff.

I figure someday people will begin to notice me. There is not a lot of us middle school folks here but that number is increasing almost daily. I have gotten some really good emails asking for this or that and help with this project or came you help fixing this or that. I love emails.

8 comments:

  1. Don't feel badly, Mr. E...you have a large number of page views, so people are reading your ideas. For some reason secondary teachers don't comment on blogs like elementary teachers do. (I tend to think it's because we get so caught up in grading/planning, etc.. But I have no idea why they don't.) If it makes you feel any better, I get very few comments on mine. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracee. Hearing that from you means a lot. As a middle school teacher I am disappointed because of "no comments" but overjoyed that at least a few people still want some of my items. I don't do flashy covers, huge multi page items, just things that have worked for my classes and my students.

      Delete
  2. I actually just passed your name on to my coworker who was lamenting the fact that there are very few resources for this subject (she teaches 8th grade LA history too). I told her I couldn't help at all (not even being from this state), but I knew who could. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, I have gotten several emails about Louisiana history lately. Things may be picking up a little but I understand that not many people consider us important.

      Delete
    2. She emailed me and I sent here several items that might help her this year.

      Delete
  3. How funny I understand how you feel! I just ran across you on Pintrest and now when I go home (and can log on) I will follow you. Love the cell phone. THANKS FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your worksheet of the cell phones on pinterest. I teach middle school history in PA. I look forward to what you will post next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Just come across your blog via Pinterest and wanted to say you are doing a grand job!

    ReplyDelete

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...