Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tax Returns

It has been over 25 years since I began filing my Tax returns with H & R Block but this year I just figured out that my wife and I have really nothing to file except our retirement checks. When I figured out that we had on other income except those, no extra, no side jobs, no side income, nothing; I just figured I would do it all online with H&R Block website. It was easy. Had it all done in under an hour and it only cost me $14. Which is way less than the couple of hundreds it cost me each year for the last 25+.

I'm gonna miss Dot, the lady who has done ours for most of that time. That's what I was really paying for I guess. I did it all online, I mailed it online, paid my state taxes online, will have it deposited paid for it online, will not time about it till next year I hope. I am having TWICE as much taken out of my check as my wife is even though her check is over twice as much as  mine. It is because she "doesn't want more taken out of hers" because she will notice it.

I'm the one who 'retired' early so I don't get as much; I'm the one on disability due to my mini stroke but don't really get anything; I'm the one on Medicare but they don't pay much and take out most of it, I'm the one not really working much but she still is even though they don't really pay anything.

I have leaned just to make it on what little I now get. It's enough for a few groceries here and there. I tend to sit on the porch anyway.  Most days but I don't really get bored - not much - I just daydream of what should be, what used to be, what was, dream of
 what could be.

I spend time reading blogs, emails, posts. I sleep more than I used too. I don't dive my car much even though I can, A tank of gas last me a month or more now. I tend to pay for lunch early during each month and my wife pays at the later parts of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...