Friday, January 27, 2017

23 & Me

I ordered the 23 & Me kit and waited for the results to come in. When it arrived I learn just what I had heard/knew from my on research at Ancestry.com but nothing new. It did now give me any leads, no real hints, nothing. I found out that I was 47% British/Irish or 99.8% Northwestern European. I already knew that!

I at been told the story that my GGGGgrandfather was from somewhere over there while his wife was from Ireland. Tell me something I don't know.

My only problem is that my G-Grandfather's father died before my G-Grandfather was born. I can find no real mention of his name, any real mention of his birthplace, no real mention of his death, nothing. Did he die due to a problem in the Civil War? My G-Grandfather was born in February of 1867 so he was conceived in 1866. So what happened to him. He was born in Texas in 1839 so the story goes but there is no censes records of him anywhere or any place.

There is no marriage records, no birth/death records, no Civil War records, no Texas Independence records, no church records, nothing. Where do I need to search now?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...