Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday morning was better

Monday morning was better but very cold outside - at least for done here in SOUTH, south Louisiana. When I got up, looked outside, there was frost all over the rooftops, the ground, and even the cat did not want to go out. They decided just to hang out until it got a little warmer outside.

I checked my BP/BS numbers, all good, my weight was good so things are back to what I have to call normal - are near normal. I then made my oatmeal, read the paper, watched the online version of our newscast, and tried to read a few emails.

Our one female cat is lying on top of the printer next to me. She seems happy because the one cat that aggravates her is up on his ledge in the front window sound to sleep. The dog is not stirring. But even if he was, he would not come out of his kennel or go outside,

I have ben reading a blog tell you how to “get students engaged”, I have done so many of her suggestions over the years that it make my head spin. She says to "put students  themselves in other time periods" which I have done many times during the year, "have students free think a single word or idea from a chapter" again many times. I love what she is saying but I want some NEW ideas, something I can really get into. My jump-drive is filled with over Gigabyte of stuff I have done over my 27 years of teaching. Plus my TPT site has lots of stuff I have written, created, but never got to use in class.

I was just one of my old blogs from Feb 2015 and came across this:
It seems like my mornings every day are the same.
   1. Get up head to bathroom
   2. Go back to my scale, weight myself
   3. Get my pants, put them on
   4. Come to my desk and take my BP  and record it and my weight on an excel sheet on my computer
   5. The take my BS and record it
   6. Record the time of day this is all recorded
   7. Put my socks and shoes and brace on
   8. Take the dog out of his kennel and take him outside to do his business
   9. Come back inside give the dog his treat
   10. Then give cats theirs
   11. Feed all the animals
   12. Finally, sit down to check emails
   13. Eat some dry cereal
   14. Drink some Crystal Lite
   15. Read the online newspaper
   16. Check in on FB
   17. Check in on this blog
   18. Read a few other blogs
   19. Check in on several of my teacher sites
   20. Go back to bathroom
   21. Listen to my wife's alarm go off for the tenth time

It looks much like this morning, two years later. Today it would be:
     1. Get up, head to bathroom    2. Weight myself, go to my desk and take my BP/BS  and record it and my weight on an excel sheet on my computer oatmeal
   3. check emails

   4. Read the online newspaper
   5. Drink some Crystal Lite
   6. Eat some oatmeal
   7. Put my socks and shoes and brace on
   8. Take the dog oute its outside.COLD  of his kennel and take him outside to do his business
   9. Come back inside give the dog his treat
   10. Then give all 3 cats theirs
   11. Feed all the animals
   12. Check in on this blog
   13. Read a few other blogs
   14. Check in on several of my teacher sites
   15. Go back to bathroom
   16. Listen to my wife's alarm go off for the tenth time

Maybe even longer today cause its cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...