Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Trivia during six months of.....

It seems like there were lots of trivial things that were said or done during my six moths of medical rehab/hospital stay. Strange as it sounds this one was the strangest...I had one guy say that when he found out about my heel wound, just suggested that I just cut off the foot because he did. I told him NO God has better plans for me.

Former students who are now nurses had to wipe my butt, change my diaper, help me change clothes etc. But they all said that they would do it again just knowing how much I did for them over the years.

I fell once in the bathroom at the hospital. The nurse who was suppose to just outside the door had gone to the next room to answer another patience question.I did not hurt myself as I just dropped a package of wipes and bent over to get them and fell back and landed in the trashcan. Everyone seem to come running but I told them I was OK, I just could not get up. The nurse had to wipe my butt, the OT guy had to pull me up, the PT had to help me to the wheelchair - all the while I was more embarrassed than anything

There were times during the night I would just try to sleep in a wet diaper instead of calling the nurses back again. But I just had incontinence and could not control myself.

I had a Catholic parishioner who came every morning about 6am to give me the host, say a prayer and talk to me.

I also had nurses who came every night, two or three time to check my BP, check on me, give me pills, waking me up, not letting me sleep well.

I had a home health nurse who was fantastic and she spent "way too much time" with me doing everything in her power before they finally sent me to the Wound Care Center

My wife has helped me take a shower numerous times during my rehab which is cool but not cool. I have about a week left before I think I can take a shower by myself.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...