Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Awoke and started thinling about death......

Awoke and started thinking about death and about all the things that I need to do before it gets me so that my kids have what info they need.

Then this morning my wife took our granddaughter to school. The our grandkid's mom called to tell my wife that our grandchild's other grandpaw passed away during the night. He was much younger than us but we knew he had cancer and was in the hospital with not much time to 'live'.

He was my granddaughter's FAVORITE pawpaw. She always loved up on him, hugged him. He took her fishing, camping... I played third or fourth fiddle to her. Her mawmaw gets more attention than I do.

The other day at her birthday party she never even noticed I was there. I hate the feeling but I will just live with it for now. One day she will miss me.

We have been trying now to deal with THREE deaths in one week. One relative on my wife's side, one relative on my side and now one on OUR side of the family. Been one service already, got one to go to out of town and just waiting on the day and time for the "our" funeral.

********************
Just got news that the 'our side of the family funeral' will be early Friday, leaving us just enough time to get out of town to make my family service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...