Sunday, April 16, 2017

Just looking for my family history

It seems like I have been searching forever for my GGG-Grandfather. There are things I know but there is so much more I don't know. So, therefore have to just keep looking. I know my GGG-Grandmother was born in Desoto country, Mississippi and "may have" gotten married there to an 'English', but I can't be sure. Again it means I just have to search long and hard in and around Desoto county to see if I can find a Robert English. So far no luck even with a POSSIBLE marriage date of the mid/late 1850/60.

I think they should have gotten married in Mississippi but it was during the Civil War so records are scarce  or mostly non-excise. I don't have anything but the fact they had a child in 1865 but by then the dad was out of the picture and mom was remarried by the 1870 census.

All I have is a map of the counties around
DeSoto, Mississippi.

From there I just need to keep looking for any sign of him in earlier census records.

I have found out that Mary Lue moved after her birth to Lafayette, Mississippi so that is another lead but it does not do much, just leads in in another direction. Still I am no closer to Robert than I was.

After days on end of searching I began to drift over to my other love, my TPT site and I worked on a couple of new products for sale. But all the while I was still thinking of my past grandfather. Think of things that might have happened to him. Things like I know he was not killed during the Civil War due to the fact that his son was born that final year of the war. But something happen to him due to the fact that my past grandmother remarried short after in 1668 from the stories I have read.

Odds are he died in Texas on or near the birth of his child but I can't find any records. So that leaves me just looking, reading, searching, and digging. what was going on in north Texas during that time? I don't know but I'm still looking while I'm working on other things - when something news hits me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...