Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wondering if this will go on till I died

I have just been 'wondering; if I will have to live like this for the rest of my life or can I change it. What I'm talking about is my 'mini stroke which I had three years ago. I have prayed every day and several times on Sunday, I have said several Hail Mary's and researched 'mini stroke or TIA' but all I  find is how to prevent one and what it means. That's not good enough for me. Can I rehabilitate it, can I make my life much better?

I seems no one knows but I am at least trying to make my life better. My brain still works so I am still creating activities for social studies classes but I just can't 'field test' them. I still type on the computer even though it is one handed which is not too bad. I can still go out to eat even though it does not take much to fill me up. I can still read - I read the paper online every day, I read magazines each month, I email and read them as often as I get them, and I read blogs almost every day.

I listen to Pandora while I work on my laptop, I can still daydream, take naps more than I used to, I still cut the grass in town and out in the country, I still go to my doctor  every three months for my checkups. I am still checking my BP,BS, & weight every day and filling out an Excel sheet daily.

I still take the dog out every couple of hours, still sit on the swing, still drive myself to Walmart, Walgreen's, Dominos', and a few other nearby places. We still visit Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond from time to time. We still go out to eat almost daily. But I tend to use a crutch more than I used to or want to.

I do got to church weekly, say my prayers, visit to other parishioners, and do most of what I need to. I think all done well the last three years but I just don't know anymore.

Went to the doctor today for my 3-month visit and she bragged on all the things that are going well. She only wishes I could exercise more but knows I am doing the most I can. Everything looked great and she was super happy with what I done. My wife complained that she was gaining weight while I was losing mine but I still think she looks fantastic. I joked with her telling her I would gladly give my weekly shot if it would make her feel better by she said "NO".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...