Monday, July 18, 2016

Lives Matter

All I have heard this year is Black Lives Matter - from the TV, to social media, to newspapers, to the internet and I am just tired of all of it. It should be LIVES MATTER, from God Matters, Jesus Matters, to simple All Lives Matter. No color, no race, no ethnics, no uniforms, nothing - simply ALL LIVES MATTER.

But as a white dude I will be called a racist for say that ALL LIVES MATTER when in fact that's all that counts. My brother was a cop for over 20 years and I always worried about him but now I'm glad he retired. I would worry even more so today. His daughter lives just two blocks from the shooting in Baton Rouge and I now have to worry about her.

I worry about my own small town police officers each day and I hate hear the wail of sirens in the distance along nearby streets, the interstate, my own  neighborhood, because I fear what they are going into.

I hate turning on the news and seeing the conventions because I DON'T LIKE either candidate. If it is not on Netflix's, I would rather not watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...