Thursday, December 3, 2015

December is here....

December is here and things get crazy this weekend. First let start with my car - which wont start. The Chevy place wants to charge me over $400 to replace the battery in my nearly new Equinox - $400.00!

The second part of this weekend is the fact that my wife is co-music director for our church's A.C.T.S. retreat which starts for them on Thursday and runs thru Sunday's mass. That is followed by Her 40+ years in Messiah orchestra - the concert begins at 3 I think. Therefore this will be a "crammed" weekend for her.

I need to get back out to the country and cut grass for last time this winter but I doubt that will happen due to rain each day this week, my no go car, and her retreat.

- - - - - - -
It's Thursday, my wife just left for her retreat and I'm home alone with no car that works, and lots of projects I have in mind to get done. I 'need' to shampoo the carpet, put up the dishes, dust mop the kitchen, wash a couple of loads of clothes, clean the counter in the kitchen, put out the trash, cut the backyard, etc, etc, etc.

I also want to work on a fe TPT projects while I am not bothered but I may not get to them either!?!

Basically, I'm sitting here putting things off because I have four days to get it all done - knowing full well that I don't really. I need to get a few of the items tackled today to keep up.

Home alone and I mean ALONE is not the way I wanted it.
= = = = = = = =
I did manage to get my car started. Now just have to take it up to Wal-Mart this afternoon. This morning I have taken the dog out, cleaned and emptied trash, blown off the front drive from all those dang acorns, cleared the dishwaster, washed a couple of loads of clothes, moved all the furniture in the living to get ready to steam clean the carpet. Now eating lunch, then hauling the trash out before heading to Wal*Mart later.
- = - = - = -  =  -  =  -
I just got my car battery changed and it cost me $107.00 as opposed to what the Chevy place wanted to charge. Plus it was done in under 30 minutes and I got to shop a little while I waited. Now I am going to go cut grass for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...