Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Game Plan

My game plan has always been the same. I DO wake up and get ready for the day. Any day ABOVE ground or the dirt, is a good day. I do expect better but I do have to deal with what has been dealt me. I do hope AND PRAY that it will get better.

Does it? I may have to wait til next week, next month, next year to be able to tell you that. I am just impatient so I always expect better. I do look back a do realize that it feels different that it did six months ago - good and bad. But it does feel different.

I watched Shark Tank last night and the lady on there has had TWO strokes and she is STILL getting up and doing things every day. She gives me hope. My mini-stroke could have been worse, so I am happy for that fact - that I am better than it could have been.

At least I do get up and walk the dog, do cut the grass here AND in the country, do fix my own meals, do get to go out to Wal*Mart and places like that, and do get to spend time with my g-daughter.

Could I do more? Sure but I need to take what life has given me and simply go from there.

Is there a sadness in my life. Sure there is. Are there any regrets. Sure. Actually, lots of regrets but there is nothing I can do about them now. Life has passed those parts of my life by and that's what I am left with. I can't go back and do them over, and there are no 'do-overs' it life. Teaching history for all those years should tell me something about that.

As my friend said, I am in control of my sadness and despair and I can change it or make it better or worse.

Life's good points....
  • I can and do go to church each week
  • I can still type here
  • I still am helping teachers with teaching my beloved history
  • I still manage my history website
  • I still - most nights - get a good night's sleep
  • I am learning about my medical problem and it IS getting better day by day
  • I did go to physical therapy
  • I tend to go to doctor more regularly
  • I still go out to eat at least once or twice a week, but don't eat like I used to
  • I have had weight-loss surgery, dropped over a 100+ pounds
  • My TPT account is and has been paying off a little
  • I get to spend time with my g-d which seems to be more than it used to. If I have her alone, we get along GREAT, if maw-maw is around I don't get to visit with her.

Life's bad points.....
  • I did do the ACTS (church) retreat before my health gave out
  • I had to give up my teaching - retired and forced to due to medical reasons
  • I had to give up my subbing - due to medical reasons
  • I had to quit coaching - due to medical reasons
  • I had to quit umpiring - due to medical reasons
  • I gave up my traveling and photography - some what due to medical reasons
  • I quit going to therapy due to high cost and insurance issues
  • I quit walking every day which I loved doing
  • I can't seem to do the carpenter skills I used to due to my left hand
  • I don't share like/as often as I did when I was teaching
  • My retirement check is not very good
  • I am not OLD enough for SS check yet, even though I have heard my medical condition would help me get it
  • I spend WAY TO MUCH time here on my laptop, but my wife spends way to much time on her iPad...so I guess we are even.

Life's is still good all-in-all. And YES I do embrace the day the Lord has given because he HAS given me another day. Is today a day to SMILE? I think so. At least let me get through the day and I will tell you then.

Just checked BP & BS, both seem to be ok and normal. My doctor should be happy when I see her. The meds seem to be working good. I don't get up in the middle of the night anymore since I figured out that I am going to not drink anything after about 5/6 PM. It means a solid sleep. And I fall asleep in about 5 minutes after my head hits the bed each night. I tend to never hear my wife come to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...