Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday, and away we go

Today tends to be just like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, and tomorrow, AND the day after tomorrow. Today is and will be whatever it brings and I can't change it. I might want to but the days just look like one another and I have to learn to live with them all.

Would I want something different? Probability not, but I would like to win the PCH $5,000 a week contest...heck I would love just a $5,000 a month deal. Okay so that it just dreaming. Get over it. Move on to the next thing.

Go back to the way things were a year ago...heck two years a go....heck, lets go back five years ago. Hindsight is 50/50 but that is all history now and I guess I better make the best of it now. What I would do different. What have I seen and done with my life since then?

When I look back, my brain thinks back on my life since 1970 and all that I have done and not done in that time. Things that I would change, things that I would not change. what would I change in the last 40+ years?....Here we go with a list again....

1. I would have taken college more seriously. I don't know that I would have stayed in art field but I would have gotten through much faster that the 20+ years I did. But then, I would not have had my retail experience which would be a bummer.

2. I would have been more serious about my retail experience and the employees I hired. Been more in tune to what the retail world was telling me at the time. Been a little bit more serious about pricing, display, and advertising.

3. I would have been a little more serious about my sex life and been more receptive to my wife. She wanted more kids, I figured we had one of each and that was enough. It has ruined our sex life since then. I definably would have done that differently.

4. I would have stayed closer to my family, spent more time with my mom and dad over the years. I know I did but looking back now I could have spent more time instead of making excuses as to why I couldn't. They passed away a month apart two years ago. I miss them.

5. I would change my having to go to PT. It's not that I don't like PT because I do but I don't like having to go to PT three times a week every week. I can tell I am getting better but....well, you know.

What would I NOT change over the years?

1. My wife which I love to death, she has been there thru thick and thin, good times and bad. I don't know what I would do without her.

2.My two kids. Love 'em both but over the years I wanted to beat them and I wanted to hug 'em. It's funny how there are times you wish you could help them and times your are glad you didn't. I'm still wondering about them.

3. I wouldn't change anything about my softball team EXCEPT that I really want them back. I also want to get back to umpiring....I just out in the sun each spring.....


My wife left this afternoon to go teach at the Youth Orchestra and pick up my grand daughter who is spending the night with us tonight. It means we might be going out to eat tonight....maybe, I'll see what they have planned to do.

PT was intense today and it has now stretched to two hours + from what used to be one hour. They just keep adding more and more to my needs I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...