Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Yesterday and last night I spent time emailing over 60 teachers around the state looking for lesson ideas, plans, projects to be added to my website, Louisiana101.com. Over the years many state Louisiana history teachers have stopped by and “borrowed” items for use in their class. I know because I have talked to many of them.

However, many of them have yet to reverse the action by sending me items that I can post for other ‘newbies’ that need help with that one or two items for their own class. As teachers we need to share and share more freely. There is just not a lot of resources out there for our own state history. I have offered hundreds of items and have gotten many others but it is still far short from our state’s hundreds of other teachers.

I know that many of those emails will come up empty but if I get a few things I will be happy. Today I will put together another set of emails. I am hoping that over the next few days I can blanket the state with emails asking for ‘handouts’.

It is easy for teachers to make the offer. All they have to do is attach and item or two and I will do the rest. I will create the pages, give them credit, an host the webpage. It all comes from my pocket. I just need some new ideas.

As long as I have been teaching the subject even I am looking for new directions to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...