Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monday's a wonderful way to start the week!

I pulled early morning duty, not because I have to but because I want to.
Life is very interesting as you start the Monday with the blessing of the pets. Our church service was held outside as we welcomed over 100 pets – dogs, cats, hedgehogs, snakes, kittens, stuffed animals, and photos of animals. The kids seemed to love the special day to honor St. Francis of Assisi. Father Jack blessed all the animals that children and parent alike brought. It turned out to be a wonderful way to begin the day.
My eighth graders were gone for the morning after services as they took their annual group photo at Grosse Savanne, a hunting retreat south of town. I had my sevent graders finishing up their Art in Literature assignment and then covered for the sixth graders has they worked on their Art in Literature class project.
 After that my day was done and I came home to spend time with my grand-daughter. After she went home and my wife headed off to her classes at the university and the local community band, I spent time working on lessons and projects for my upcoming classes.
All-in-all the day went well, the temperatures were pleasant and nothing on TV was worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...