Sunday, July 3, 2016

???????

I have been searching for my ancestors for more than 30+ years. I have written to family members, emailed people, joined ancestry.com, LDS family search, everything. And for all those years I could figure out NOTHING.

 This morning I was sitting out on the front porch looking at various flags along our front four. There is the USA flag, the Acadian flag representing her French family, my pre-civil war Mississippi for my G-G-G grandmother and the Texas flag representing my G-G grandfather.

then something hit me. Me the longtime history teacher. My GGG grandfather was born "in what would become Texas" but he was born back in the early 1830s - BEFORE TEXAS BECAME A STATE!
DUH!?!
 
 That then made me think about my GGG grandmother. I know her father and they were born in Illinois. But there is no record of her birth in Mississippi.
As I rocked there on the porch I got to thinking about where they came from.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...