Monday, September 16, 2013

Rehabilitation is BORING!


It is so tuff to just sit around and wait of the next PT. It is slowly killing me and I want to get back to doing what I love. I want to be working with my students and doing Louisiana history. I can only create just so much stuff without really teaching it to my students. I know I will get to use it next year but I can’t wait till NEXT year. If you are a teacher you know how I feel.

I am getting better each week at PT and they keep great records so they are documenting my process but it is just not fast enough. I still have my grandson as a homeschool student but he is bored and I am bored so not enough seems to be getting done. I don’t think my daughter is taking this serious enough. It has been four weeks and my wife and I have seen him about 6 to 8 times.

He is super smart but he is getting super behind also. What do I do? I really don’t care for world history and I want to teach him U.S. history but that’s not what he needs this year. By next year I will be back in class. At least I hope so.

The bathroom is now up to 99.75% complete. I only have the door to take off, cut the bottom off a small bit,” sand and paint it, then put it back up. All that has to wait until I am better and can start doing more things on my own I guess. I have used the shower several times and it is great. My wife has used it and she is saying she loves it too. Hopefully in the near future we will get to use it together. Hopefully!

I still have bookcases to put up in the back bedroom or class room storage, but that has to wait also. I am getting it all done before I can start putting them up. I have cutting them, measured them put brackets on them, painted them, done everything I can outside in the garage. All I have to do now is bring them inside and start assembling them. But that seems to have to wait until I get “help according to my wife.

Rehabilitation is BORING!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...