Thursday, July 4, 2019

Around the corner

Death is just around the corner and I see it, feel it, acknowledge it every day. Some days are really good and others not so good. I keep on plugging along knowing that the end seems to be getting closer and closer.

I wake up each morning and thank God that I am getting to see the morning rays of sunshine. I feel the aches and pains as I stand up but that goes away soon, I feel my back ache but that is because I seem to sit so much due to my medical issues. I sit my chair to put on my shoes and end up leaning back and napping but that is due to the chair being old and I wake up too dang early I guess.

I do finally take the dog out each morning, then come back in a feed all out furry children, clean their litter box, do much o my morning chores etc. The TV never goes on, the outside heat is oppressive, my computer only brings bad news, the paper much the same.

I eat my dry cereal, read my book on my phone, then go back out and sit on the porch and rock my life away it seems. All before my wife gets up.

This week she is teaching at HARP Camp and is gone from about 8:15an to about 7:30 pm on Monday and who knows when from there on. I just stay home, wash cloths, empty trash, take catnaps during middle of day  when the cats all nap. I generally do nothing much, My sister is out of town, all the neighbors are at work and that just leaves me to 'talk' to the dog and cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...