Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday during Lent

I slept really well last night. Me and my cat slept til 7:30 and it felt really good to get a full night of sleep. I wonder if it had anything to do with our dinner last night? I doubt it.

We had supper - church fish Fry - that we took to his house. Sounded like a good idea at first but it turned out to be a lousy idea in the end. We headed to church at 5 to pick up the dinners, then head off to his house but traffic was major backed up along the interstate due to a wreak of both the I-10 and I-210 bridges. And with plant traffic just letting out, east bound was wicked. It took up over 30 minutes just to get to the 10/210 split.

The dinners were getting cold. My father-in-law was getting a bit upset. He's very old. very sit in his ways, and he eats his supper a 5-5:30 PM on the dot. The traffic finally broke at the bottom of the bridge and we raced from there to his house, Got there in about 5 minutes after a 35+ minute delay.

Our son and our granddaughter met us there and had supper with us. My GD made my FIL happy so that was a good thing. 

We came back home afterwards and I went to bed about 10 and slept pretty solid from there. Now it's Saturday and I have no clue what plans are for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten things I am thankful for today

It does not take a lot of time to tell you what I am thankful for - not today or this week or.... 1. I am happy because my wound care doc...